The town of Bilene is known for its magnificent saltwater lagoon, and San Martinho Beach Club is right on the unspoilt, pristine beach. Did you know that this seemingly sleepy little destination is host to some exciting activities? For the ultimate adventure in this breathtakingly beautiful area, why not try one of these activities below?
- Deep sea fishing is very rewarding, especially when the locals open the lagoon mouth, allowing migrating fish to swim into the lagoon. Shallow reefs close to shore also attract big game fish, so be sure to pack your rod and reel! Please chat to one of the staff to book a chartered fishing trip right from the resort.
- Turtle Watching is best between November and March, when Leatherback and Loggerhead turtles visit the beaches to nest and lay their eggs. If you’re lucky, you might even witness the turtles hatching and making their way back to the water.
- Turtle Cliff is a high view point where you can take in the stunning natural beauty around you, with 360 degree views of Bilene and the ocean. Approximately 1.5 kms away from the lagoon mouth, this is a great spot to see dolphins, turtles and whales as they migrate up the coastline between May and January.
- Sample the delicacies that the local market has to offer, such as seafood, roasted cashews, Pau (Portuguese rolls) as well as browse the many stalls bursting with colourful and interesting items produced by the locals.
- Of course it’s never ending fun in the lagoon, and the resort has a wonderful variety of facilities and equipment for hire, both powered and non-powered, to take advantage of the warm tropical waters!