Make sure you go through this checklist to make sure your holidays go without a hitch!
- Failing to check passport dates. Renew your passport if it expires six months after your return.
- Forgetting to buy travel insurance. This is protection from passport and credit card theft, travel delays and other emergencies.
- Booking tight connections. It is better to have ample time in between connections to make sure you don’t miss the next leg.
- Packing the wrong items. There’s no bad weather, only inappropriate clothing, so be sure to check what the weather will be like at your destination.
- Packing too many things. Don’t overload your bag, pack smart, mix and match and bring a jacket for colder weather.
- Not having enough prescription meds. Your meds might not be available in your destination country, it might be more expensive and you might have unforeseen delays or extensions.
- Forgetting travel adapters. The plug points in your home country might not be the same plugs used where you’re going.
- Forgetting to inform your bank or financial institutions. Always inform them of your travel plans and duration of stay.
- Exchanging currency at the most expensive place. It is important to get the best possible rate for your money so avoid exchanging currency at airports.