Not only does Bilene offer fantastic deep sea fishing opportunities, anglers will also enjoy trying their luck on the lagoon as well as the many freshwater lakes north and south of town and San Martinho Beach Club™ is the ultimate angler’s dream destination! Set amidst 43 hectares of lush, tropical gardens and boasting 1.3 km of pristine private beach with units boasting direct access to the beach and unparalleled views of the lagoon, making it an amazing experience to wake up to every day. Of course, the units come with braais, so you have a place to grill your fresh catch of the day.
- Moor your boat in the calm lagoon water right in front of your very own unit (launch on your arrival and retrieve when you’re leaving – no need to launch everyday).
- Clean your catch in the special designated cleaning area.
- Store your catch in the on-site freezer facilities.
- Buy fresh prawns daily from the local fisherman right off the beach.
- Store your boat and fishing equipment in the optional long-term storage rental.
At the surf side, there are shallow reefs close to shore, attracting schools of big game fish, making for some exciting surf and rock fishing. In fact, some people have landed Couta, Great Trevally, Snapper, Rock Cod, Large Spot Pompano, Stumpy, Kingfish and even occasionally, a Giant Sand Shark! Every year, the locals open up the lagoon mouth, which allows migrating fish to swim into the lagoon, creating yet more excellent fishing opportunities. Fishing on the lagoon side usually yields smaller Grunter, Rock Cod and Great Trevally.