Make 2017 the Year of Possibilities and Positivity!
We know you’re gearing up for a wonderful holiday season and something to keep in mind is that the new year is almost upon us. This gives us the perfect opportunity to reassess our busy lives and think about what we want to accomplish or do to balance our lives during this new year. With that in mind, we have some New Year ideas and exercises for you!
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can know that with an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is_______________________.
3. Take a morning walk of gratitude. It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
4. Instead of being disappointed about where you are, think optimistically about where you are going.
5. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out debit card.
6. Transform adversity into success by deciding that change is not your enemy but your friend. In the challenge, discover the opportunity.
7. Make a difference in the lives of others.
8. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
9. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, toxic people, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E’s. Energy Enthusiasm Empathy
12. Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
13. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
14. Instead of complaining about situations, focus on solutions. It’s the key to innovation.
15. Read more books than you did in 2016.
16. Learn from mistakes and experiences and let them teach you to make positive changes.
17. Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is an awesome gift, not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants and it costs you nothing.
20. Enjoy the journey. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy every moment.